Teenage Riding Holidays
Welcome to our popular teenage riding holiday page, to both new riders and those who have been before, below are
Some of the things to experience during your holiday.
Arrive in time for tea on the first evening.
Meet your friends for the week, human and animal.
See your parents safely off, after
re assuring them that you have a bed and some where to wash and that you ARE going to miss them, but they can ring any time!
We will have a chat about what you want out of your holiday, while having a walk around the farm to meet the horses and other riders.
- On the first morning, after the daily routine of catching grooming and tacking up, you will have an assessment lesson with our qualified instructor Kate, in order that you are best matched with your mount and get the best out of the holiday. You can have the same pony or ride several different mounts.
- In the afternnoon you will go for a hack to see the surounding countryside and get you ready for the trailride.
- Next morning ,when everyone is ready and prerpared with packed lunches in their saddle bags, you set off one the first day of the trail ride –Y ou will explore the superb landscape, through woodlands and over moors with experienced leaders.
- When you arrive to Camp where the views are one of the best the area has to offer, you will untack groom and feed your horses. Enjoy a BBQ whilst sitting watching your trusty steed who has worked hard for you that day graze and rest ready for the next days adventure. Beware around the camp fire, Dawn loves to talk football and Steve Le Trec, which he competes at when we let him escape!
- By the end of the trail ride, not only will you have explored some of Wales’s most undiscovered countryside, but you would also have experienced how to ride over some of Wales’s tricky terrain thanks to your sure-footed horse. Arrive back at the farm to relax in the hot-tub to ease tired but happy muscles.
- The next morning will be relaxing, even if you are not tired, you will be! the ponies will enjoy a lie in. After a leisurely breakfast you can watch a horse whispering or lunging demo, have a go at Archery or cycle –
- Then spend the afternoon a mounted treasure hunt. This will test your map reading skills! . . .
- Show –The final day is an opportunity to .put everything you have learnt into practice by bathing and plaiting up your new four legged friend and working together to win yourself a rosette!
- We will have talked in the week about what sort of classes you want, but usually have a variety from dressage to bending.
This unforgettable riding holiday will take you on horse back through unspoilt countryside, cantering over open moor land and fields and wild camping on the 2 day trail ride. It is the Ultimate riding experience!!
Where else can you get the opportunity to improve your riding in such fantastic countryside?
If you have any energy left, you can also play table tennis, table football, cycle, go for a walk with some of our friendly dogs, or just relax and watch a film.
Fully inclusive and supervised riding holidays, for young people in the 12 to 19 age group. Or if the older ones prefer, but welcome in either holiday.This year we also have a week for 17-22yr olds.Please ask for a brochure.
This holiday is aimed at teenagers who can walk trot and canter happily, with lots of riding and horse involvement..
Riding groups are small ranging from 6 to 12 to ensure maximum enjoyment.
Accommodation is in our comfortable bunkhouse or cottagtes.
Spend 5 days in the saddle exploring miles of scenic Welsh countryside as well as doing a range of other horsey activities and archery,
a 2 day trail ride and taking part in a finale show?
Please note the trailride requires riders to be able to canter in open countryside and cope with long hours in the saddle.
Dates for 2013
- 14th July to 19th July & 1st to 6th September 2013 ( 17 to 22 years Suitable for students)Please ask for a brochure.
- 21st July to 26th July 2013
- 28th July to August
- 4th August to 9th August
- 11th August to 16th August
- 18th August to 23rd August
Price including the trail ride £520
Brochures will be available from mid October 2012
Please ring us to disscuss any questions you have and we will be happy to answer them.
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01691 718406 for more details and to book
You will need to bring
Riding clothes, (Hats and boots can be supplied if needed)
Personal clothes, including something warm and waterproof, wellies are good for bathing ponies!
Toiletries and towels
Swimsuit for the hot tub
Sleeping bag if you have one, we have spares, and an over night bag for the camping.
We can wash clothes if needed, so no need to bring to much.
NB. Please leave jewellery at home, as it must be removed for riding.We are strictly no smoking.
The directions from our web site are the best way to find us. Beware of sat.nav etc.